Evaluation Question
4: How did you use media technologies in the construction, research, planning
and evaluation stages?
We used a wide array of new media technologies within the
planning, construction and evaluation stages for our coursework. These
technologies were made up of both hardware and software, and some required us
to come up with innovative solutions to overcome the restrictions and
challenges which they gave us.
In the planning stage, I used Blogger in order to organise
all of my work. This was an incredibly important piece of software because it
meant that my work was instantly accessible, saving me from having to carry
around documents such as a storyboard and shotlist. By using Blogger it meant
that my work was accessible anywhere, it was all online which meant I didn’t
have to worry about losing pieces of paper and having to store all my
coursework in a folder, this therefore meant that using Blogger was a lot more
beneficial as all my work was save. It also made it easy to embed videos and
images alongside of text, meaning that I could analyse other music videos and
publish my findings with a much greater deal of ease. I used Blogger to promote
and show my research. This is where I could refer back to when planning my
product, and also show the journey of development I conducted throughout this
course.
Similarly, I also used Google Images. This was to research
current music videos, magazine adverts and digipaks. This again helped me to
strengthen my research in preparation for making my own music video, digipak
and magazine advert in order to make a set of successful pieces of media. From
this, I took on board what to include in my media product and ancillary texts,
and the reasons why to do this.

The software aspect of the construction played a vital part in the course. iMovie was firstly used to compile the clips we filmed together, in order of our narrative. We also used this software program to sync our characters mouth movements with the lyrics. This made the lip sync aspect easy to produce, and added to the triumph of our piece. iMovie was also used to edit our music video and I felt that it was used effectively in order to create a professional looking music video.
In the evaluation stages of this project, I used several media technologies. I used the internet to access the Blogger – which is where all my written work for the coursework was carried out and stored. This was so that I could firstly review my coursework. I then wrote up my thoughts and overall evaluations, and formed them into separate posts. I also used Prezi to evaluate my media products as I wanted to use a variety of different technological platforms instead of just putting all my evaluations on Blogger as written text.
Overall, I feel I used used media technologies, both hardware
and software, appropriately throughout the duration of this coursework. I have
learnt a lot by using all of the software that was involved in all stages of
production, especially editing as I hadnt done much editing prior to this task.
No comments:
Post a Comment